Welcome to the
Gansevoort House Inn & Galleries
The Gansevoort House Inn in the foothills of the Adirondack Park, is midway between Albany and Syracuse at exit 29A on the New York Interstate Highway 90. It is in Herkimer County of the Central New York Leatherstocking Region. Guests can walk along the Erie Canal to lift lock #17 from our inn.
This 18 room wood-framehouse was built in 1889 by the owners of the Gilbert Knitting Mill and the Snyder Bicycle Factory during the hey-day of the Little Falls Mercantile Era. It has 3 living salons with Dorian columns, high ceilings, fireplace, a formal dining room, solarium, and modern kitchen.
A patio door opens on to a sun deck from the solarium. The deck is shaded by many trees surrounding it forming a leafy umbrella. Below is a patio with a fountain and herb garden where guest can sit. A path leads to the carriage house which has a family guest suite. Next to the entrance is the parking area.
The house is furnished with antiques and art. Hosts, Linda and Oscar Stivala are both artists and musicians. Many of the paintings throughout the property are by them. They enjoy playing music if requested! Their galleries of art and books are located in historic Canal Place which is a short walk from the house. All of these features serve to make the Gansevoort house one of the important homes of the region.
There are three guest rooms in the main house and the carriage house is a cozy cottage with two levels. Breakfast includes juice, a fruit dish, breakfast entree prepared with herbs from the garden and fresh baked muffins, coffee, or tea. Special dietary needs can be accommodated.
For more information or to setup a reservation, please contact us.